Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rearview Mirror

Downlands

I had this problem and followed club advice when posted last year and used the Ford ones. So far so good.

I believe that as I have a metal mirror mount and smaller mirror, from CarBuilder.com. That helps as they don't shake any where near as much as plastic mount with plastic mirror

I second (or third!) what John Vine says. Those Ford ones seem to be pretty permanent solution to me. I cleaned and slightly warmed the glass before fitting. It's been several years now and still rock solid.

Actually they stick so tightly that a mate somehow managed to Kung Fu my mirror with his knee while getting in (no I don't know how he managed it either!) and it broke the windscreen without coming off!

#28 I hope your mate Brice Lee paid for the new windscreen *biggrin*

CC actually sell pads at £2.08 each plus postage, I should have maybe looked there to start with but I now have the 3M VHB on order.  Reading the instructions, it would appear that compression of the pad is key because the glue only comes out when the pad is compressed and it seems to take 48 hours to fully cure so I will wait for some warmer weather and  then delicately clamp it with a G-cramp.  Meantime I have ordered a suction mirror as backup ... I liked the blue tint *laugh*

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08NJZ61NN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 3 weeks later...

Before using the sticky pads and clamp to refit my interior mirror I decided to try out my backup purchase of a blue tinted suction mirror which has a sticky substance on the suction cup and cost £10.99.  It works perfectly and allows a slightly higher position which will be handy when I have a boot bag in place.  The blue tint is also pretty cool *biggrin*

Mirror.jpg.ee3ca4a8b86982f570a5d3cfe43a66b5.jpg