Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil temperatures

masiwn

I have oil and water temperature sharing the same gauge just flick a switch to determine which you want a reading of. 

Lately my oil temperature has been running very high 100 to a 110 on normal road driving after about 20 miles ,my water temperature stays normal. I have replaced the sender which is fitted to the appolo tank over the weekend but just the same tonight. My engine is a k series vvc. The Cuborough sprint is coming up this weekend and I am bit worried. Does anybody have any suggestions what might have caused this to come on all of a sudden. 

Many thanks Aled

Hi I have check the oil with the engine running ,I don’t think it’s high  I find it’s such a job to tell. The temperature does drop when I drive through a 30 mile limit. Noticed tonight going round right hand corners up hill that oil pressure needle was flickering a lot 

Hi I have check the oil with the engine running ,I don’t think it’s high  I find it’s such a job to tell. The temperature does drop when I drive through a 30 mile limit. Noticed tonight going round right hand corners up hill that oil pressure needle was flickering a lot