Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Serious Vibration Throughout Car

Davesvroadsport

Felt through the steering wheel, my rear end (arse) and seem on the oil pressure gauge indicator, there’s a really fine vibration occurring that seems to be getting worse. Just completed 2500 hard miles of both motorway and mountain roads and completed a reasonably comprehensive spanner-check which revealed front wishbone bolts loose as well as near side rear suspension (lower) bolster loose...all torqued up appropriately. 

Am thinking prop or UJ but haven’t had the chance to jack the car up and take a look/shake.

Thoughts......?

As above, so many sources for this. If you have the Mazda 5 speed box, it’s fat, and hardly clears the chassis. This was the source of my vibration. Has to be seated perfectly to not rub in my experience with my 2016 car. 

• Leadership Team

My car had a high frequency buzz when the LH engine mount failed dropping the manifold onto the lower chassis rail, common fault with K-Series cars rectified with the later modified engine mount.

Stu.

Check that the steering column is not touching the engine. If it is close it will leave a tell tale scored ring round the column. To increase clearance release rack and rotate same.

Agree that engine mounts need checking and gear box clearances checked.