Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Minilite wheels

mossy7

i still rather like the Minlite/ classic alloys, which I think suit a 7 well but am not so keen on 6 inch wide at the rear. They just seem lost in the arches.

Does anyone have any options or ideas for 6 inch front/ 8 inch rear Minilite style wheels? 

I've found a company that do very similar looking wheels to the minatour 'minilight' wheels.  I was planning to get a pair of wider rears to match the fronts in an offset to fill the arches a bit more.  I could look at buying a set if anyone else is interested in the other pair.

I suppose it depends what profile tyres you go for - I run 205/60 (rear) 185/60 (front) R888R's on a set of 13 x 6 minilites and they fill the wheel arch reasonably well -  I also find the higher profile gives you more warning before breakaway and also gives a bit of secondary suspension.

• Area Representative

Mossy, you've seen mine. I at times run 6" fronts and 7" rears, minilite in style, bought from John Brown wheels and chose the gold option. I did have a set of 8" rears, but they kept fouling the de-dion ears and I didn't fancy doing anything major to that on my current 7.

As per Toby's post, 205/60 rears and now 185/60 fronts, gives a suitable fill and look period for my car.

Or go for a set of 6" and 7/8" rears revolution type alloys, all with the correct offsets for the car. Revolution also do minilite style wheels. I have a set of those waiting for a refresh, could look good on a new 7, now they would be different to the norm.

I'm actually running the 4 spoke race wheel but the dimensions and offset will be the same for you,

https://revolutionwheels.com/product/caterham-westfield-matt-black-with-diamond-rim-13-x-6-5-inch-4-spoke/

Cant remeber the offset, BM your mobile and I can whatsapp some photos, Warren will give you the offset details no problem at all.