Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec R400 Lambda Sensor

adrianwindo

If you are removing onto, you may find it very very tight. A few drops of Plusgas the day before might help. You can't use a normal socket as the cable gets in the way. Ring spanner safest so it can't slip off ... if you have room to use it.

Yer I remove the cat to remove an old lambda sensor in case I slip and hit the side.  (from memory) I think they are 22mm, there are special sockets out there for the job, but a good old ring spanner will be fine if you have disconnected it first.    My 420R has a MG Rover box with part number MHK10006, that was supplied under same part number from CC.    You can still get genuine Rover parts from Rimmer Bros.  

In addition to the usual penetrants as SM25T suggests, if it is REALLY stuck you might find a shock load applied clockwise using a mallet and ring spanner does the job. I have a set of large ring spanners with a slot ground out of them for the wire to go through for this very job (and headlamp adjustment). I also concur with John about size and part number of lambda.