Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Laon 2019

keith.rose1

Planning on going in June, it will be my first tour, and the first time I have taken my Seven abroad.

Hoping for trouble free and sociable weekend with my wife in our 1992 Zetec S3

Any advice? (I am used to driving in France, but never been in the Caterham)

thanks Keith

I went  last year as a late call and by myself. It was a good event and lots of 7s to join up with. 

Assuming it is the same format there is a full day out/run from Laon on saturday to the circuit Chimay where baggettes were served etc and some cars were allowed on the circuit .

I have a road map for it set out in a rally style?..thank goodness I could follow others as I did not have a co driver...looking at it now I think a sat nav could be set up which would make life a lot easier. Huge amount of cars from all makes, 8/900! but they were not all on the drive there they just met up at the circuit.

On the sunday it is a big get together in Laon ( top of a hill) and eventually all the cars, lots and lots, had a 5 km drive up and down the hill and around the town (on closed roads) picking up passengers for the experience. You could make several runs.

The club hotel is a few km out of Laon and under cover parking and restaurants near by.

msg me if you want any more info from my trip

Alan

HI

Thanks for your replies. I have now booked, staying at the Ibis in Laon. 

I assume am going with the club as told the tour operator that was the case. 

Be in further contact nearer the time - just finishing re-trimming the transmission tunnel at the moment!

Keith