Click here if you are having website access problems ×

accelerator cable 2.3 Duratec options please

wild bill

Mornin All

My rebuild is almost complete. I run a 2.3 Duratec in an S3 chassis and the accelerator cable runs from the PB along the chassis rail, across the front cross members then along and comes up underneath and afixes to the butterfly on my Jenveys. ISTR it was a rover cable but Caterham want a bloody fortune for one.

I have now replaced the standard ford rocker cover with a raceline cover so i no longer need a bodge filler cap or a bonnet hoop as everything fits correctly

So qusetions are:

1) Is there another source to purchase and a part number for the existing cable

2) What about a shorter cable running into the top of the butterfly? ISTR this makes a less progressive throttle and i cant see what route it would take or whether tghis is even feasible. BUT it would take the tghrottle cable away from the promaries as the main advantage (although with lagging i've not had a problem in 9 years)

What do others with the same set up do?

Heeeeelp

I just searched the terms "throttle cable" and got loads of hits offering cables likely to be suitable, but the Speedy Cables link above looks like a great resource.  Unfortunately for me, South Wales is a bit far for me to go for a cable.