Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Garage floor lift

james.c

Hi, 

Nice setup you have. Wondered if you could help me please? I have been looking at so many scissor lifts and none are long enough to reach the jacking points outboard of the wheels. Liked one which seems to be the same design as yours with an H frame promising better access. Longest being around 76" to pad centers. What is your experience with jacking with this lift? Where did you put the lift pads? Any tips appreciated as wary of buying a lift that I can't then use safely. Many thanks.

Hi M,

I was recommended to look here  http://www.bhrepairs.co.uk/  by another 7 club member.

They were good to deal with and the equipment is very good, it gives good access both front and rear. Very happy to pass on the recommendation.

The brochure shows the maximum pad positions, if you need more information just give Bill a call. 

I know these pics are upside down but I have no idea how to rotate them, I have tried for 30 minutes without any success so you will just have to stand on your heads!!!! Sorry.

20200815_130955_0.thumb.jpg.7d0fc112910ea1f9eb76d7309dc871d3.jpg

20200815_131032_0.thumb.jpg.3b0c524895d75b34d971b03c2157e544.jpg 20200815_131049_0.thumb.jpg.fbc58ba73ac5a3b50d26600ab174c044.jpg

marc.me

Hi, 

Nice setup you have. Wondered if you could help me please? I have been looking at so many scissor lifts and none are long enough to reach the jacking points outboard of the wheels. Liked one which seems to be the same design as yours with an H frame promising better access. Longest being around 76" to pad centers. What is your experience with jacking with this lift? Where did you put the lift pads? Any tips appreciated as wary of buying a lift that I can't then use safely. Many thanks.

Hi

I place the rear lift pads under the rear corner extremities of my lowered floors and the front pads at the outer ends of the cross-member by the front wishbone pick-up points.

The pics with the Mazda above show exactly the same lift as mine and I got it from the same place.

Andy

If you're building a garage from scratch including foundations, have you thought in incorporating an inspection pit in the floor.

Can build it the correct depth to suit your height so you can work under the car stood up - must be cheaper than a car lift