Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR Relay layout

Manstein

Trying to find which relay is for indicators. I can see 5 relays the ones at each end of the block being longer than the 3 inner ones. Any clues as nothing is clicking so I'm assuming the relay is kaput and the 10a indicator fuse is intact.

Thanks

Thanks Jonathan I had that information but alas it is wrong for my car 4 and 5 are transposed. Thanks also to Blue up near Aberdeen who warned me of this. Replaced the original relay with a JAL one and things seem to be back to normal.

Just fitted the LED rear lights to our CSR Chris. Our fuse board is as described by Jonathan, but having swopped the flasher relay for the provided LED version, there has been a tendency for it to "play up". If Blue reckons 4/5 have been swopped, have you tried giving it a good "wiggle" whilst switched on? Presumably the hazards have packed up also. My original relay was 3 pin (spade) connection, but the LED is 4.

Cheers, Roger

Just been out and had a fiddle about but all seems ok. My relay board is vertical Roger and the indicator relay is lowest or closest to the floor. Blue told me his board is horizontal but his is a much later car than mine. I'm going up to the Jim Clark event at weekend so we'll see if the new relay does the job. As you say the JAL version has one extra blade. I notice JAL is supplying a different relay from the original RDX one.

Have you received the route book for Laon?

C

I'm a bit late to the party here but all the fuse boxes on my 3 CSR's dating from 2008 were mounted horizontally above the passenger footwell.  Jonathan's image from the old handbook is correct.  I had a problem with indicators on my 2008 CSR and eventually traced it to a faulty / corroded hazard warning switch and a few on / off toggles of the switch resolved the problem. 

It had a 50% success rate with Chris ... it got the driver's side indicators working *confused*.  I suggested turning right could be accomplished by using the hazard switch and turning left could be accomplished with the circular hand signals but I doubt if many drivers know what hand signals mean now apart from clenched fist, one finger and two finger signals ... and from behind the left turn signal could easily be confused with the slowing down signal ... I had to perform these signals as part of my driving test ... and before anyone makes a derogatory comment I admit that I am perusing Nursing Home brochures and contemplating a modified mobility scooter which will have frog-eye headlights and a lowered seating position *nuts*

For information, here are visual aids for fuse problems

Fuses01.jpg.f155cc42ddaad8dab7a8c015ad91b79f.jpg

Fuses03.jpg.c2108d1e56fa5dce9c24e5849e067673.jpg

Blue I had exactly the same problem with the hazard warning switch on the day of the MOT as you say a lack of use and a prehistoric switch didn't help! A few rapid on off's got it working! Got a spare from Redline for a tenner.