Thornberry

Jack
Wheel nut wrench
Jump leads
Head torch
​Multitool (mine's a Victorinox Spirit)
Credit card
Smart 'phone + charging lead

That's 7.5 but the last 3.5 would be in my bag whether I was in the 7 or not, so it's really only 4. :-)

Jonathan

PS: Does everyone know how to fix a jack under the bonnet?

PPS: Tool tubes and rolls still available in the next round of the Bulk Buy... and we need a few more requests if there is to be another round.

Plus:  A roll of Tank tape and in my case, a cheap pair of magnifying specs

As for the jack, I carry that in a tool box I built and bolted on top of my heater, inelegant I admit, but it carries everything I require for long trips, including spares.  Alternatively there is a three inch gap between the bottom of the boot floor and the fuel tank, I also built a "hidden" tray which occupies that space. 

There were pics of both in a Low Flying of several years ago.

• Area Representative

Torch, multi head screw driver, short handled 'toffee hammer', socket set in lower range of sizes up to wheel nut size then no need for wheel wrench, same range in spanners, 6" adjustable, scissor jack (steal it from your tin top if it has one), Stanley knife, tie wraps various sizes, black tape or duct tape.

Maybe a plug spanner...?

Light bulb set is essential for abroad even if you do not change a dead bulb. You may have to prove that you are carrying a set to the 'friendly' police man even if you do not intend to change it 'but of course you will.'

The list could be endless but this is what I take when touring in foreign lands.

UK/Euro recovery is essential as part of the kit.

• Area Representative

A good idea for a jack is one from an early (first shape) Ford KA or early Fiesta, try E-Bay.

These are 'Jaw' type & come with an easily turned fixing bolt that holds it in place. Mine is fixed above the passengers footwell with some rubber protection to stop rubbing on the chassis the jack is bolted into the panel using the correct size rivnut.

David