Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted... Gearbox Speed Sensor

Andrew Willcox

• Area Representative

Andrew,

What year is your car? If its post about 2005, then you may well have the much more configurable programmable speedometer. If its the earlier electronic speedo (from around 2000 to 2005) then it you'll need to use  the correct speedo sender.

OK, so I think the car was first register Jan 2006 so right on the cusp in terms of Speedo type.  I didn’t realise there were different spenders, sounds like first step is to get the old one out to see what I’m playing with.  First hope is that it can be repaired based on price of new ones!

is the Burton Power electric sensor a direct replacement or do you need the 90 adaptor too?

Ok, thanks guys.  So I’ve removed the sensor, system is electric from gearbox.

Wire from sensor was clearly broken so I've ordered a new sensor from redline which should arrive today.

Interested in wiring suggestions - the OE connector has been removed from the car loom so I’m faced  with cutting the nice OE connector from the new sensor to replace with a pair of horrible crimp on spades.  Doesn’t feel like a great move!

Not sure if it’s possible to buy and fir the OE standard connector for the loom?