Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Oil Filter Removal Tool

Jim 123

Thanks for that link, I had been looking but had difficulty figuring out which one to buy. I find my chain wrench removes the filter easily enough, but tightening it by hand requires putting the car up on axle stands and one of those should make it much easier to get the 3/4 turn.

Duncan

Thanks Jim

Will give it a try - have tried several different tools and always had to resort to a large screwdriver punched trough the casing and plenty of silent cursing! wish I knew how they got so tight - always put a smear of oil on the seal and then just hand tighten it!

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Depending on the filter manufacturer, the Ford fitment filters are normally either 15-flute 74/76mm or 14-flute 74mm. Best to measure the filter you plan to install and count the number of flutes.

I had to swap tools when I changed from WIX to Mobil filters on my Duratec, even though they are both the correct fitment with the correct internal bypass valve pressure.

The one I bought was correct in size and number of flutes, but it was too tight. I had to strip all the paint off the inside and sand it until it just fitted a new filter. Works ok now, but quality appears to be variable.

Duncan