Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pressure Gauge oil pipe

RogerB

I am looking to replace the electronic oil pressure gauge on my SV with 1600 K series engine. Can anyone advise what length of braided hose from the oil filter connection to the gauge is required and what the preferred route would be.

Roger.

No !!! 7 feet .. Not 360mm. I ran mine across the front of the sump and then up to the chassis rails ahead of the driver .... then tied to loom and through the big grommet on top of the tunnel forward of the gearstick.

Well guys after much research through these pages and costing the alternatives of either a mechanical gauge or remote mounted sender it would seem the remote mounted sender would be about half the cost of the mechanical gauge. 

Has anyone taken  the remote mounted sender route and does it remain reliable. Besides costing less it also allows me retain the Caterham logo to match the others.

Roger.

The remote mounting was CC's answer to premature sender failure, and they used to offer a kit of bits.  IMHO (and contrary to a lot of BC comment), the senders themselves are pretty reliable.  What kills them is mainly engine vibration.

Remote mounting also gives you the opportunity to fit a low-pressure warning light.

JV

Hello

I went from remote sensor to capillary gauge with warning switch. I much prefer the capillary gauge with warning switch.

I still have the hose and sensor for the electrical gauge if you are interested. (As well as a T piece, but no switch.)

Jack