Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seat belts mounts

gulf 1

I have a 2015 chassis S3.I noticed that that the carpet on the outer drivers side has 2 holes in it,one of which the outboard lap strap bolt goes through,there is a hole in the carpet about 2 inches further back from this and I was wondering if this corresponds to another mounting point.As I am only slight a further mounting point would be useful.Does anybody know if the other hole is in fact another mounting point before I drill an exploration hole to find out.

Rang Caterham and emailed them but have had no reply so rang Arch,a very helpful chap there looked at a chassis they had there and confirmed that there is in fact only one lap strap mounting point on the chassis.

On my old (2007) CSR260 there were definitely two holes for the seatbelt anchor point about a couple of inches apart if I remember correctly. I moved mine to the rear position to try and get the lap strap tighter.

I wouldn't describe myself as anorexic but I have always struggled to get the lap strap tight enough. In my 620R I have it as tight as it will go and it could still be a bit tighter.