Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1992 Dedion 1400K Supersport - Suspension recommendations

Toby S

Front suspension starting to look a bit tired (both springers and dampers)  - with the near side damper showing serious signs of leakage hence no doubt will be an MOT failure (due at the end of May) - therefore looks as if I'll need to bite the bullet and replace.

Looks as if currently running with bilsteins at the front and rear, not sure on the springs. Looks to be adjustable top and bottom.

Car used mainly for fast blats down Worcestershire A/B roads and doing around 3,500 miles per year 

Any recommendations - I've looked through google search and there seems to be various in terms of dampers - Spax, Avo, Nitron ( which seem to go from the pricey to the cor-blimey). - really looking for good value options. as on a budget.

Other questions

• would you replace springs as well as dampers - springs are showing signs of rust and look a bit tired.
  • Would you replace rears at same time
  • I see on Caterham parts website, there seems to be standard Rover 150Ib springs available - would these be the ones to go for.

Any advice/tips/experiences much appreciated

Thanks Elie and M1 Se7en -

I've looked at their website and the prices seem pretty reasonable, and a 3 year guarantee should be testament as to the quality

M1 - a couple of questions if you don't mind

• I guess at the price you went for the single adjustment 400 series versions - Do you use mainly on roads or track
  • Did you just order off the web, or speak to someone about specing your requirements for your car - just wondering how knowledgible they were about Caterhams e.g spring ratings etc and giving advice

I'll give them a call in the morning to discuss, just thought I'd ask