Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Retrofitting screen, wipers, motors etc to Aeroscreen Duratec R300 Superlight.

Philip G

Looking for some experience and help please.  I have Duratec R300 Suoerlight that has had an aeroscreen since build.  To increase use options for the car and to do a bit if touring, I am looking at retro fitting windscreen, wipers / motor etc, bottles etc.  The three holes for wipers and jet are already there and "grommetted" at factory.  The dash has the silver push buttons in place for wipers and jet.  I have no heater and planking plate riveted in place.  Any experience of doing this ?  Keen not to take scuttle off.  Can I get in behind dash by taking blanking plate off ?  Does dash come off easily (can't remember from build) ?  Anyone done this before  and have any hints or tips ?  I am assuming the loom points are in place as there must only be one loom ?  All help gratefully appreciated ....

Removing scuttle isn't hard. Drill out the rivets (circa 22 I seem to recall).... Replace with rivnuts to make future removal easier. 

Dash, if riveted not glued, again drill out rivets. Slightly harder to get to than scuttle as some are underneath.

You probably do not need to remove dash panel though as access is great with scuttle removed. This pic may give some idea. 

image_96.jpeg.8bbfedfa08c513632d06a104a4331b7e.jpeg

Thx for the feedback guys.  Makes sense on removing the scuttle, setting up rivnut solution and leavimg dash, which is carbon.  The pic makes it clear how the scuttle and bulkhead are joined.  The only rivet ends that look like they will left in a a chassis rail are the two at the very bottom edge of the scuttle where there is one on each side.  Will start planning.  Any further ideas or insights on fitting and wiring gratefully received.