Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ladies bike suitable for mini triathlons

tbird

Thanks Si,

I'll try and get a figure, i believe she has just approached her employer about the cycle to work scheme thing as well, don't know if that helps or hinders you :-)  , I know she is pretty tight on money so i would say for sure below £500, other than that as low as can be done without wasting the money 

whereabouts are you based ?

Tim

Tim,

As a second alternative to Si's kind offer, I'd look at Decathlon bikes - their BTwin triban bikes always get good reviews - the 500 is currently reduced to £250 from 280. Now is a good time to buy as the 2016 models are being discounted to make way for the new 2017 offerings. The Triban comes with either straight or drop handlebars which have different gear levers - straight have your typical mountain bike trigger shifters which I think are easier to use whereas the drop bars have them built into the brake levers.

If she is likely to take up the sport seriously then I expect this entry level bike will need upgrading at some point as they're not built for hard core athletes.

Regards

Ian

Ian thanks, excellent suggestion, not a bike person so wasn't aware that Decathlon bikes got decent press, will pss that on as a possibility , had some other kind offers and info via PMs so as always this great club is coming up trumps again

Hi JK hope all is good :-) 

Tim

Unfortunately not - we do a lot of ladies bikes these days (Bianchi, Scott, Felt & Dawes) but they tend to be either road bikes (comfort Sportive Etape geometry) or MTB's/Hybrid's.

Not a huge demand for touring bikes anymore although we still sell a few Dawes Super Galaxy's.

www.cyclecare.co.uk

Had to replace one daughter's much loved and then stolen commuting tourer with a road Pinnacle. Followed by a fair bit of work to add the mudguards, rack and child seat.

Other daughter rides an Horizon across London to work day and night, all seasons.

My wife's 25y old Horizon is now marginal for replacement. But the range is a problem... needs drop bars, modern changers and I'd prefer a steel frame... suggestions welcome.

I found an Ultra Galaxy with a 45% discount!

Jonathan