Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil drip from pressure sender - K series

AndrewE

Hi 

I have noticed oil is dripping from the oil pressure sender on my K series. The drips seem to be coming from the larger end cap where this end cap is sealed to the main body of the sender. There is no oil on the outside of the largest part so I must assume it is coming from within the sender - see piclarge_IMG_2032.JPG.49d5cc41752e0f3948072013b9a202d5.JPG

I assume this means a new sender but has anyone seen this before?

(and no I don't want messages about changing to mechanical sender thanks)

Well, I had a K for nine years and I never had a leak like that!  Mind you, I had to replace the sender every two years or so due to failure (erratic readings).

To be absolutely sure where the oil is coming from, clean the sender and filter housing thoroughly, and then get someone to start the engine while you observe from underneath.

If it leaks again the way you describe, a new sender is likely to be the only solution.

JV

(and no I don't want messages about changing to mechanical sender thanks)

In which case, you might want to consider remounting the sender remotely.  There's a discussion here, and a list of parts required here (just ignore the last two on the list -- MOPG gauge and line).  This list includes the parts needed for an optional low-pressure warning light.

JV