Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help needed/Aide requise

Go4it1011

Anyone know of a decent garage or mechanic in the Bayonne area of France?

On holiday and have no break lights working. Fuses seem ok have no meter so can't test the connection in the peddle box but it is definitely making a contact with the switch.

Was told to go to the local village garage where the owner took one look at the car and firmly said NON! Then when i asked is there anywhere else that might help gave me that gesture that drives me mad - the Classic French shrug of the shoulders!!! (God I hate that)

Found another Garage and this one took a bulb out, looked at it for a while, put a new one in and then said NON!

I was definitely an "Inny" at the Referendum but I am rapidly changing my mind.

Any advice or address of a Garage especially if they speak English would be most appreciated.

Remove pedal box cover. Check bracket is in contact with plunger of brake light switch. If it has turned ... reposition it and secure. Otherwise. .. carefully prise the end cap off the brake light switch with a thin flat screwdriver. The spring is only like a biro spring. It isn't that ferocious. Just be careful. You'll find a u-shape metal contact that slides out. Wipe greasy crud off contacts and squeeze the little middle lugs together so that they actually touch the contact inside the switch. Reassemble ... noting spring only goes one way round.