Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump on a 125 sigma

JwBye20

Just my opinion, but I think you will be frustrated by a 125 on slicks at a track day (assuming you haven't upgraded the engine already). I've had mine on a few track days and with Yokohama a021r tyres it felt like it had too much grip for the power. I haven't got any spare cash for more power, so I fitted less grippy tyres and it is more fun *smile* . If I had money for an upgrade at Premier Power, I would be going for one of their engine packages.

Pace do 2 systems for the sigma, one is a full 3 stage pump (2 scavenge, 1 pressure stage) which requires the original oil pump gutting.

The 2nd type (Which is an easier fit) is just an external 2 stage scavenge pump and it uses the original internal oil pump as the  pressure stage.

They have both inlet and exhaust side pump mounting options available too

AT Power also have a Billet aluminium sigma drysump system available, and I suspect this is what Premier Power use as we used to supply them with our Throttle Bodies when I was there.

Hope that helps

Dom

Cheers guys, was really just after food for thought really, I'm a daft 20 y/o after all. sounds like it would be better to upgrade power before grip, got my first track day at Bedford on the 15th, which will almost certainly scream out that it needs a few more ponies. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very well, car performed better than expected. Highlighted more that I need an LSD, lost a lot of time pulling out of the corners. Cheekily timed a few of our laps and got a 2:58, haven't a clue how this compares with anyone else. I was in the red one with the black stripes. Ah disaster, you didn't get an awful lot of track time in then. 

Ah ok I might look into that. I wasn't sure you could get a quaife for the bmw diff anyway so was looking at the Titan diff, now i have read a little into these and found that they can be problematic. Also I think I read  that they are in the £1000 price range. Or is this the sort of sum I need to save for when looking for a diff