Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear anti roll bar drop links

cahibbitt

Just curious - why are you replacing them? My car has a real chatter going on at the rear end, and I'm wondering if the ARB drop links need replacing. Do they wear out or get loose with time? Mine must be nearly 20 years old. Do they wear and need periodic replacement?

So the consensus - which I've heard before - is that the ARB isn't needed for road use.   Mine have been chatting for months if not longer But it's really noticeable now even over earplugs especially on bumpy bends. I wonder if I can just remove the drop links and tie the  bar up.  Will give it a go what's the worst that can happen !? 

Sounds like (!) two issues: do you want one at all, and could removing it help diagnose the source of the noise? There are plenty of other causes...

But I can't remember how hard it is to remove the whole thing. The wiggling required is discussed somewhere in the archives.

Jonathan

I've only had the car since August (second hand) and started to get a knocking after my first track day last month. Had a look on Sunday and there is play in one of the down droppers got some new rod ends delivered today from Springfix Linkages part number R3610.R008 not cheap but look good quality.

Blast - I had the rear left wheel off last night to replace a couple of sheared plastic wing bolts after a minor knock (I reversed into the tyre mountain in the garage *whistle* ) and forgot to check the drop links for play.  ISTR my over slung ARB can be wiggled out without too much difficulty. 

Well the ones I have ordered for my Metric Chassis are:

65512.W0108 (Currently out of stock)

Before I fitted the rear Antirollbar kit, I measured the ball joints and went looking (as I want some more balls for quick setup changes)

These were the best price I found amongst all my normal component suppliers for stainless versions.