Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow temperature part..can anyone identify?

Stridey

I have this on my cooling system, xflow 1700 1995.... What should I be asking for to replace it? I'm thinking temperature sender unit, but can't see similar online (yet).... the wiring goes to an override of the fan.image_47.jpeg.fe121fa29b5b7b9fd4c08b3016e2b320.jpeg

F & A are indeed the same temperature range; there are other suffix versions too which also duplicate temperature ranges. I will try to investigate the differences tomorrow. In the meantime, the "F" version is the recommended / standard one for the Caterham I believe, although that is based on K Series not XFlow knowledge.

Great, sorted out a sensor this morning at the local motor factors, fitted it and ran it up to temp. This time the fan kicked in....hoorah! Even though I have a fan override switch I was pleased that I now have the fail safe working.

Popped over to RatRace to see if he could book in a proper tune of my carbs, which with the recent overheating, sticking throttle cable and carb flooding had got seriously out of whack, spitting and popping like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

He kindly twiddled and fiddled while I waited with the proper balancing tool, screwdriver and good pair of ears so now I have a sweet running 7 again.

He did advise getting a lower temp sensor, which I have now ordered, but happy that that seemed to be the source of the initial overheat (after taking my eye off the temp guage)

I also checked my thermostat by dunking in boiling water. 

I was honoured to see the 'GJT collection' today. *wink*

I am pleased to say it was a 10 min job.... I popped by to book it in and discuss a bit of work in future, as he's usually too busy to answer the phone.

im lucky it's so local.