Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Metric Adapers for Oil Pressure Sender

A7 OOH

I need a adapter for my oil pressure sender . I have a new M12x1.5 unit but my existing sender is M10 x1.(and no I cant change it)

Hence I require a M10 x1 male to M12 x1.5 female adapter.

Does such an adapter exist? .

Also posted in Wanted Section-now looking for a wider audience. 

• Area Representative

M10 x 1.0mm is an odd pitch

Not that odd. Most metric brake pipe fittings are M10x1.0.

Likewise, our Sierra rear calipers use M10x1.0, as are standard Bilstein piston rod ends.

You're quite right Richard and, bu**er me, when I checked I found that I have a set of M10 x 1.0 taps.  That's the problem with getting old.  No die though, otherwise I'd offer to make one up if they're not available, as I do have an M12 x 1.5 tap. 

It would be quite a long adapter to accommodate the step change down in diameter; or remote it via a short length of pressure hose.  I'd be a bit concerned about vibration/fatigue if it's rigid and too long overall.

Paul

Thanks to you all for the information. I don't know whether to be worried or reassured?

At least the thread sizes I require in an adapter exist even if they are unavailable in the configuration I require.

I have been working on the premise that the K series OP Sender is either M10 x 1 or M12 x 1.5 depending on model year(based on forum information)

After much searching I have now managed to find a very very accommodating supplier (Car Build Solutions in Kent) who will modify a M10x1 Male and UNF Female adapter from stock by drilling out and tapping to M12 x 1.5 in their workshop - now that is what I call service and done in time to put in the post tomorrow.

The total length of the adapter is 32 mm which is manageable.

Think Automotive and LMA were most helpful in that they could make up an adapter using a range of fittings or a Jonathan proposed a hose unit, both of which I felt would have been cumbersome.

Thanks for your offer Paul to knock me one up if you had the correct die-we will  meet up for that coffee when the weather permits.

Lets hope after all this it works out.