Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4,5,6 or 7 then?

Sandboy

Spoilt for choice so wondering what other class 5 & 6 competitors are planning to do next year?

First choice would be to stay on zzr's so class 6 to gauge if make any progress on this year. But also wouldn't mind giving slicks a go which might work better for other championship. As would 1b's and not too bothered about less grip.

Prefer to make numbers up in well supported class and have something to chase so will follow the crowd.

Tyres down to canvas so need to know what to order?

Thanks for replies, will give bmtr a call tomorrow then - probably giving away a24 zzr's!

Sorry Nigel, looks like off to class 6 but will watch your times on 1b with interest.

Rob, my understanding was 6 will be effectively road going except for the 1c's which puts us in modprod so need a FHR, thought you already had one so wondering if I've missed your point?

Mark, you're right, too much trouble.

Class 6 should be exactly as it is this year.

Road Going on 1c tyres.  But in 2016 this puts it as ModProd.

Please hold off on tyres for the moment.  The Blue Book has been printed and I am certain its an error but they have missed out printing that ZZR 1b's must be OEM spec.

We are trying to get this sorted/confirmed.

So is it looking like Class 6 will have the most entrants next season ?

Have a spare set of rims ready for the right tyres - so all other tyres Chez Delbert  can be shredded on track days

I am now rapidly running out of excuses

All that is left is lack of skill - an overweight driver  that needs a Cage and a New Helmet / Hans device

EVERYONE  *shout*

Please do not buy ZZR OE fit tyres if you intend to run in Classes 3,4 or 5 for the moment.  I have news which could prove very costly if you do.

I am waiting for confirmation but it looks like those tyres will only be an option if your car was sold with them when new.  And since they are a new compound there is no one currently in the Championship with them.

I need confirmation of this but its looking that way.

My proposal would therefore be to the Comp Sec that just like ACB10's they are excluded from the Championship for the sake of fair play.

Unfortunately it would not be inclusive to a new car owner.

Please just wait for a while.

Well my car was sold with ACB10's and the new superlights are sold with ZZR's and you are saying that I can't run with either which kind of excludes production Caterhams from being competetive?  So are we saying there's no point in turning up to race "road legal"unless you have a pre-1990 car or a 2015 or later car???  OE to me means "original equipment" - in other words what was, or is now supplied from the factory.  The superlights were ACB10's then CR500 and now ZZR so all of the above are "OE" in may book. 

Surely if the ZZR is on the list then it is on the list?  Is this an MSA thing or otherwise?  The ZZR is clearly the tyre of choice for the dry and has a different compound to the new ZZS.  Both however are listed as 1B. 

Radial or cross-ply slicks Simon?

Cross Ply for me = lighter!

As for the other yes its a complete shambles.  We are waiting for confirmation.

It has always been my take that if a tyre is listed then its available for Everyone and every car.

However there have been a number of statements from MSA where they seem to be emphasising that you must prove that the tyre was OE fittment on your car.

So does that mean my actual car or a similar car of the same year or just a similar model car or all imperial chassis Caterham or just any Caterham.

Since this OE fit spec ZZR is so new if its not all 7's then it will mean only the ones built since the tyre was available.

But who knows what they mean.!