Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4,5,6 or 7 then?

Sandboy

I entirely agree with Rob (and others) - for someone relatively new to the 7 world and now competition, how on earth does one make some sense of all these various statements having bought a 2003 car with numerous previous owners. Particularly for 7's where self build allows for all sorts of variations and options from new, I guess we need Caterham to publish what might potentially have been OE at the time the kit was supplied to be clear on what tyres are an option.

I feel Simon's point is most relevant - if a tyre is on the list it is available to all, no question. It seems that such simple logic is not recognised by the MSA who themselves are publicly trying to get more people into motorsport...... *ranting*

I was hoping to put new tyres on my Christmas list but..... *xmas*

Jon

My interpretation is provided the tyre is marked with either 15156 or 15157 (the code that Avon place on the sidewall that identifies the compound) it is a List 1b tyre and can be used. However, competitors should wait until we have confirmation otherwise a scruitineer could exclude an entry as they read this differently. Unfortunately I doubt the MSA are in the running for a Plain English award.