Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec with carbs - what fuel pump do you have?

z7

• Area Representative

I have a 160 bhp Zetec with 45DCOE's and am looking at fuel pumps again.  I know the Facet cube type are popular but...

- what fuel pump do you use, specific model number would be useful?

- for what bhp?

- what psi are you running at?

- what's your configuration?  Mine is: filtered fuel pump - filtered pressure regulator - carbs.

Cheers

z7

• Area Representative

Thanks for the replies, guys. *thumbup*

Elie, I've seen the Huco (online) but hadn't heard of anyone using one.  How long have you been running with it?

Bob, how long have you been running your posi-flow?  Where have you fitted it and how is it orientated?  I've seen it said it should be in and upward direction at 45 degrees away from the tank.

My regulator is set to 2psi.  IIRC my SpeedPro Series book said it should be bewteen 1.5 - 2.5 psi.  But I know some in the Club are also using 3psi.  I spoke to Glencoe and they suggested 3 to <3.5psi, 3.5 being the limit for the needle valve.  Interesting stuff.

My Posi-flow has had 2 locations, neither of them as recomended. I ran it for ~3 years in the engine bay where my coil used to live, probably vertical as i reused the coil mount holes. When I rewired I moved it to the boot but hung it from the boot floor in line with the tank fuel outlet. Probably lasted ~5000 miles. Cheap enough to have one in the car as a spare in case the less than ideal mounting kills it.

• Area Representative

I've had approx 6 pumps in 14 years, 60k miles.  Facet and webcon cylindrical so far.  All were in the engine bay, and vertical.  The current one (maybe the previous one too) is in the rear but not fully vertical.

Is this too many failures?  I keep being told Facets run forever.

Appreciate the responses - all useful info.