Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge On Ford Sigma

Dorset7

You'll need a gauge (I use Racetech combined pressure/temperature), oil pressure line 6' with 1/8" bsp flat ends and a 1/4" npt male to 1/8" bsp male adaptor to replace existing sender unit on engine block. Demon Tweeks tele sales are very helpful.

If you want temperature as well, the capilliary line is fitted to the gauge but you'll need to weld a 3/8"bsp boss (Merlin Motorsport) to side of sump to accept the sender.

I have mechanical oil pressure and mechanical oil and water temp on my Sigma (also fitted a low oil pressure warning light!)  - all work a treat (although the warning light has never come on so not sure if that is working!?) - also used Racetech. Away for a week, but let me know if can be of help on my return.

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at fitting a mechanical one to my sigma engine, could someone show me the location of the sender which has to be removed and the best way of carrying out the swap? Is there a guide stashed away anywhere? Cheers, jack 

I had on good authority today: " mechanical oil pressure gauges were a good option on the K series engine's because the temperatures tended to fluctuate quite a bit, but on the sigma this was not a problem so not really necessary"

In addition, negating the issue of having oil in the cockpit seems a big plus.

Although I must say the double gauge showing pressure and temperature with the addition of a warning light look pretty cool.