Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell Count Down

Andy Wendler

Afternoon All 

Countdown to Cadwell is on, hopefully the big yellow thing in the sky will continue to shine!

Attendance is looking really good, so thank you for those that have signed up, looks like another good club track day opener. For those that haven't signed, get your skates on, whilst Cadwell is more generous than Brands & Oulton on maximum numbers, there is a limit, so book now to avoid disappointment!!

On the subject of the Sunday evening, how many are coming up and do you want to meet up for food & a beer?

A few people seem to be staying at The Royal Oak in Little Cawthorpe, which doesn't look far away from the track, happy to see if they will do something on Sunday evening.

Show of hands please!

Cheers 

Andy 

Booked today and told there were 45 signings to date with a maximum of 60 available.

Have also booked into the Royal Oak for both the Sunday and Monday nights - there were doing an offer on a two night stay and it's a long drive back to Surrey after a good day on the track!

Can't wait now!! *driving* 

Bob

Booked and getting excited now. Need to find somewhere to stay on the Sunday and am hoping to get up there in time to watch the Graduates races. Also looking forward to a chat with Meteor/Simon about suspension.

• 2 weeks later...

I think sunshine & showers

BBC Weather says

Forecast Summary

• Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday

Rather cloudy and breezy on Sunday but mainly dry. Turning wet overnight with rain clearing through Monday. Sunny spells and scattered showers thereafter, locally heavy. Rather cool and breezy throughout.

Several badly damaged cars, I feel sorry for the owners, though one was able to drive (limp)  home.  Once the sun came out I had a great time and I'd like to thank everyone for their courtesy and awareness when being overtaken in the limited time we had on track. 

Thanks to Andy, Merrick, the weather Gods et al. for a great day out. Weather turned out perfect to be honest and I quite enjoyed the soaking wet morning laps as well as the blasting around in the dry later on. I think I'll have to invest in a rain suit though.

I hope that all the drivers who had offs were OK. I was the penultimate punter to leave the paddock at just after 6pm (lots of nattering with marshals and Doctor, the CSR500 owner) and the most badly damaged car was still plonked outside the security office.

Cadwell: fantastic track for a Caterham.

Safely home before 10pm, driving steady Eddie, pissing down with rain in Cheshire, but the Peak District was a good fun. 

Andy - awesome job

Essex and Kent (London boys) pleasure to meet you. 

I found £4 upon arrival - I suspect they do belong to my lovely instructor the name of whom I've already forgotten - chappy with glasses.

Overall - awesome day. 

Thanks Andy for organising a great day. Yes, it was very wet in the morning, and it is the first time I have been to Cadwell where they have had to close the track because it was too wet - and most of the days there have been hit by rain.

It was a real shame to see the damaged cars, but at least everyone was OK, even if their cars weren't. 

Talking to to some of the drivers, particularly the novices, it sounds like bringing back some sessions that are for novices would help give them the confidence to learn what their cars are capable of. Perhaps having a novice session for 20 mins each hour in the wording followed by 40mins OPL, before reverting to full OPL in the afternoon might be worth considering?

Steve