Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series to VX upgrade First Drive Issue - Tacho Under-reads ...SORTED

Tazio

Just been out for my first drive after replacing a K series with a VX, first impressions are it's loud, and fast lol, it is overcooled though as the oil never gets up to temp even after 30 miles, a bit of blanking tape will sort that

I do have one real problem though, the tacho severely under reads..

I connected the tacho output from the DTA ECU to the black and white lead on the tacho which was originally from pin 55 of the K series ECU.

So what have done wrong???, any ideas

Kev, if the weather is kind I may come over in it next week.

The ecu is a DTA S 40 Pro, and I haven't a copy of the map. The tacho is the standard Caterham one as fitted to Academy cars in 2002.

I wanted to confirm that electrically I had connected it correctly. If it's a config/set up issue its not a problem to take it to the engine builder.

Guy,

Lol, trust you to find me something else to spend on....what's wrong with the Stack ones?

Charles,

Thanks for that, I found it earlier today, but it just confused me as I only have the 2 visible switches....

Even with your bit of blanking tape, it will always take somtime to get the oil to a decent temp.  I once fitted an oil cooler to mine following an upgrade in the mistaken assumption that it would need extra cooling...wrong *redface*.

I find nowadays that a good thrashing on track on a hot day gets it to somewhere near *rofl*