Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Premier Power Lotus 7 Club - Round 02 - Hethel Entry Now Open

Comp Scorer

Please can someone confirm the sprint layout course ?

The notes in the L7C competitors area says its 1.5 laps.

The regs say 1 lap of approx 2.2 miles.

The regs then state 2 practice runs, but then say 1 practice run of 2.1/3 laps and three timed runs of 1.1/3 laps.

Borough 19 motor club website shows a plan of the course of approx 3/4 of the track.

I drove this event last year. The sprint course consists of 1 and a third laps (rather like Llandow where you do about 1 and two third laps). For practice there is only one run but it consists of two full laps plus another one third of a lap. As Comp Scorer says the second practice lap is a flying lap.

I hope this is clarified in the course guide in the competitors area.  

In answer to your questions

It is not possible to camp overnight at Hethel.

I understand that it is possible to leave competition cars in the car park adjacent to the main gate. This car park is not secure but it is right next to the security gate and this is manned 24/7.

To quote last year's finals "Attached are two car passes which must be displayed in the windscreen of your tow car and a support car. No passes can be issued at the entrance gate. Please do not tell friends or club members to ‘just turn up’ as they will be denied access." These were sent by email for you to print out.

Please see the follow recieved tonight

I apologise for any confusion this has caused. The maps on the B19 website should have been updated, as the mistake was reported a few weeks ago. The course was changed in 2014 so that the competitors could use the whole circuit plus.

The laps are as written in the Regs, so please reassure your members they will be using the whole circuit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hethell finals and car passes have now been emailed, if you have not recieved them please let me know and i'll forward them to you.

Entry list is as follows :-

Class 1
512Richard Abraham
513John Clarke
514Paul Brown
517Steve Causey
518Clive Marsden
520Robert Jacobs
 Class 2
21Roger Legg
635Matthew Bramall
532John Bransfield
534Mike Cocker
536Graham Howard
540Andrew Willoughby
535Chris Bramall
 Class 3
551Tony Smith
558Michael Calvert
559Grahame Wardall
560Richard Price
562Philip Matchwick
565Matthew Jenkins
 Class 4
572Chris Alston
 Class 5
585Shaun Elwell

Rob,

Having had problems at Godwood last year in the Bognor Sprint (we got sent home for an early bath), we changed the exhaust on Custard to a Raceco this season. When I noise tested for the GRRC Sprint at Easter it tested at 96db, but I still got warned after my first timed run that I was hitting the drive by of 102db when I came out of the chicane. Over the weekend, now that it is a bit warmer the car is testing at 95db static.

Noise at Goodwood is greatly affected by atmospheric pressure (they know this from the aerodrome results) - the pressure was dropping as the cold front came in at the weekend, so this may have adversley affected the readings, so be carefull of doing too much that you dont need to!

We finally changed our exhaust because we were too close to the limit in too many places (particularly Prescott), so understand if this is your problem too - but just be aware Goodwood can vary greatly at this time of year.

Lynn

thanks Lynn

If they had done the static correctly I would have failed that, it was 103 at just 6,000 rpm*scratchchin*  and 102.5 on drive by

the only one I was tripping was the one on madgewick, and i got special dispensation from the CoC to go around the circuit to spot were it was , hence my funny lines around there.

This is with a brand new exhaust so obviously something not quite right, and I am going  to have a conversation with Simpsons today to try and work out what to do.  It was definatly exhaust as I put the airbox on and it made no difference to the noise readings...

rob

I see the comp scorer has fitted a remote ignition cut to his car since Goodwood. Can't be beaten by Matty again!  I would ensure your old man is kept a t a safe distance with his hands in full view from now on Matt.

Mr E plays a crafty one for future record breaking attempts so that he can have a score of 150% the next time he visits *redcard*

Or was he thinking he was at an autotest *laugh*

And looking at the times it seems Mr Calverts Red Book aim has failed at the first attempt along with some notable other past winners of the Golden Trowel!