Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands Indy - Dates

Andy Wendler

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the noob question, but as I understand car insurance is not compulsory for trackdays, presumably meaning that there will be a mix of insured and uninsured cars driving round. If I chose to insure mine and I get hit by someone who is not insured, what happens then? Would it just be a case of hard luck and face the consequences of having to make a claim without actually being at fault...?

Hi 

My understanding is that track day insurance is to cover you if you crash it yourself or if somebody crashes into you. So yes, doesn't matter if the person who crashes into you has or hasn't got insurance, you claim off your own.

No doubt somebody will tell me if I'm talking out of my exhaust pipe!

Cheers 

Andy

Yes, track day insurance normally covers your own car regardless of "fault". The insurance company could potentially claim back their losses from the other driver if they had clearly been driving negligently, but this is rare (I think the last time was when someone crashed into a stopped car after red flags had been displayed).

Track day insurance never covers third parties.  If you crash into someone due to negligence, you could potentially have to pay their bills. But to be found negligent, you'd need (in my understanding) to be driving well below the standard expected. If you are driving according to the rules, but something unexpected happens and you slide into someone, that wouldn't be considered negligent. But if you ignore the rules, stuff someone up the inside into a corner, lock it up and hit them - that could be considered negligent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear All

I've been contacted by the guys at MSV to say that only 9 people have signed up for the event, to keep this a solo 7 event, they need 25.

We have until the 8th May to find the remaining numbers, otherwise MSV will have to throw open the event to wider world, so if you are thinking of signing up, please do so asap.

Cheers 

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

How do you folks get on with the drive by noise limit. I have recently bought my second 7, an R300 with a decat and SLR exhaust. My static test was only 95.5 but a bit concerned about the drive by as it pops and bangs a bit. 

Any thoughts from others with similar cars?

Julian,

click on the link that was posted in one of the above posts. It will take you to the MSV booking page. I haven't been to look at whether there are still places but I imagine it will tell you if there's space.

The more 7's the merrier as last count there werent enough booked by the cut-off date to guarantee an all 7 event.

Tom

There is no option to book garages on the MSV booking page. Which means either:

1. Garages are free to use, and they don't expect so many people that they can't fit them all, or

2. They expect the garages to be in use after the day's main event, and we have to use the outer paddock.

Would be useful to know - anyone fancy calling them?

• 3 weeks later...

Sign on at 3:30 pm.  No chance I'll make it by then - can't leave before 3:15 so it's going to a push to make it for the briefing at 4:30.  Hope they're reasonably flexible.

It says: "Due to day time activity there will be no access to the pits/centre paddock until 17.00pm" - which rather implies we might be able to use the garages, but only after 5pm (and presumably only once they've been cleared out by the daytime occupiers).

Hi Roger

Re the garages, it was like that last year. It all sorts itself out eventually... 

Re signing on, they're pretty flexible and you can do the briefing 1:1 if necessary I think (they're have always been people turning up late on each trackday I've been on and there's never been a problem).

Simon

P.S. I'd be interested to follow you for a couple of laps given you've probably raced there loads of times.