Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fluid level warning light

R300XXX

I have a 2010 R300 Duratec with a strange issue. What i assume is the brake fluid warning light comes on occasionally but only with a dull red/pink light only just visible on the dash. It is no way near as bright as you would expect the light to be. I have replaced the cap and cleaned up the connections to it but this has had no effect. Any ideas?

R300, what are the mechanic of this switch, is it a warning switch that is user operated i.e you switch to a test position, if illuminates you have low level brake fluid. The switch will retract to the off position the light goes out ? If the switch is flickering on probably some form of short to earth. You can test for voltage to earth if you disconnect the signal cable from the switch

Regards phil 

• 4 months later...

Or if the fluid level has dropped whilst out blatting and you don't get a warning light to let you know you're not going to be stopping at the next junction.

As a safety related issue I can't see TADTS is an acceptable response in this case.

The warning light still works when fluid is low. The fault causes the light to be on very faintly. Caterham reckon it is getting a feed from somewhere but they don't know where and this is very common. In direct sunlight you can't notice it is on its that faintly light. It only occurs for the first journey of the day not all the time.