Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cat Bypass Pipe Sizing, Reverse Light on when changing Gear and a couple of videos

So I tried to fit the cat bypass pipe tonight but it's the wrong size *confused*

All on the blog

Also went for a blat so there's a couple of video's on there too *smile*

I went out for a blast at lunch today, and someone pulled up next to me in a white van and shouted out the window - "your reverse light comes on every time you change gear" obviously this is hard to check for myself, but any ideas how to fix, if it is in fact happening?

Quite an easy one to fix just need to undo the switch ( mounted on the gearbox RHS) and fit a spacer washer or two until it only comes on when you are in reverse.

Had the same problem on mine and that's how I fixed it

Quoting Smiffy69: 
Quite an easy one to fix just need to undo the switch ( mounted on the gearbox RHS) and fit a spacer washer or two until it only comes on when you are in reverse.

Had the same problem on mine and that's how I fixed it

OK thanks *thumbup* good idea, I'll give it a go... only problem is I've carpeted the chassis tunnel *confused*

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
Strange the cat bypass does not fit, have they given you the one for a sigma?

The low level shots from the car are good *thumbup*

Where did you mount the go pro?

Not sure what bypass pipe I've - but it's definitely the wrong bore... Dean has already agreed to get a new pipe polished and over to me - so all good, just a bit of a delay...

GoPro was fitted to the nosecone with the suction mount *smokin*

Quoting Nigel Mercer: 
You're mate Lee, erm, with the black t-shirt and under acceleration G's... He reminds me of "the only gay in the village" *biggrin* *tongue* Just saying...
LMAO! It's not the first time it's been said...

Quoting Roadracer1977: 
Dean has already agreed to get a new pipe polished and over to me - so all good, just a bit of a delay...

*confused* I'd love to know how exactly they manage their parts department ... there are a few of us waiting to be informed when R3/4/500 duractec cat bypass pipes are back in stock! Apparently there are none in the system!

I think I might try Dean myself!

Quoting Martin Jeffrey: 
At 1.26 you have just popped off an overtake, was that the passing driver yelling at you I heard? *wink*
Yup - good spot, no idea why... Maybe it's the colour scheme or just that it's a Caterham, but it attracts a lot of attention that's for sure *tongue*

Quoting R400C: 
*confused* I'd love to know how exactly they manage their parts department ... there are a few of us waiting to be informed when R3/4/500 duractec cat bypass pipes are back in stock! Apparently there are none in the system!

I think I might try Dean myself!

To be fair to Dean (or the parts department) he didn't say how long it'd take or if there were any in stock - just that he'd sort it.

Nice looking 7 and does sound good even with 'limited' revs...

The passenger side buckle bit that the straps clip into looks quite high, thought it should be more down towards the hip area than that, might need adjusting?

and I think I'd have edited out the bit at 1:57+

Quoting RS2000: 
Nice looking 7 and does sound good even with 'limited' revs...

The passenger side buckle bit that the straps clip into looks quite high, thought it should be more down towards the hip area than that, might need adjusting?

and I think I'd have edited out the bit at 1:57+

Thanks - it does sound amazing, and I've a new microphone cover (called a micromuff growler - LOL!) which should help to reduce any wind noise.

In terms of the buckle, erm... I think that's more due to his waist line than anything else 😬

1:57+ yes I was thinking that, but decided against deleting those bits - I knew it wasn't the right decision *cool*

Slight thread hijack...... I have some questions on removing the cat (not the one the Mrs and the kids have .... but removing that would be good as well 😳)

1) What is the performance improvement by replacing the cat with a straight through pipe?

2) How doe this effect the exhaust emissions and therefore do you need to put the Cat back on for MOT time?

3) I guess the Lambda probe fits into the straight through pipe but do you need to do any ECU mapping/ changes ?

I am thinking about doing this but weighing up hassle / cost vs benefit.