Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rannoch Moor, Scotland

RS2000

Saturday morning about 9.35am, 3 Sevens in convoy, heading towards Rannoch Moor from the Green Wellie - we flashed and waved from the red Skoda Roomster coming other way (heading home from a week on the Isle of Mull) - bet yuou had a great blat!

That was us... we thought by the manic light flashing and waving of the people inside they must be 7 owners!

We left Aberdeen on Friday night, over glenshee/A93 down towards Perth, through Pitlochry and stayed on the side of Loch Tay at the Ben Lawyers hotel on Friday night.

Left there and headed through Glen Coe, past a mad Roomster driver, the orange CSR parted at fort Bill and headed back to Aberdeen whilst Joe and I heaed onto Skye via the turntable ferry at Glenelg... full lap of Skye then stayed next to the bridge at Kyleakin. Weather was amazing and got quite burnt. Was a good 310 miles or so.

Then today we did Loch Carron, Bealach, Applecross peninsula, Gairloch, Ullapool, Scourie, down Loch Shin, round Inverness, Carrbridge, Grantown, over the Lecht and back to Aberdeen(ish), Cracking drive at 430miles but unfortunately is was raining almost the whole day :(

Hope you had a good week on Mull!

Cheers

Mike

That is an impressive blat Mike, plenty of smiles even with the rubbish weather...

Yes thanks had a great week on Mull *smile* and yes we were a bit pleased to see some 7's out enjoying the weather and roads on the Saturday and might have been a bit over enthusiastic with our greeting 😬 (and envious too...)

Went through some truly horrid weather around Manchester which is what I guess caught up with you today...

Jeez, Mòinteach Raineach………… Tree Sisters… Buachaille Eite Mòr 🥰

That bring back some very special memories.!!

Fell out of several climbing routes so thy named me the flying Dutchman. *mad*