Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Speedo

evotell

Was it not in the document that I sent you on the 15th April with all the codes in?

If running 185/60 R14's tyres then the input code to enter into the speedo unit should be: 024363

I'm out at a motor sport event all day, but will try and check in if we get a lunch break

Mike

Quoting SM25T: 
If it has the wheel sensor ..... is the cable undamaged and LED on sensor flashing ok ?

It has the wheel sensor, which appears undamaged, the car is new. The LED sensor seams to be flashing fine. In around 1000km its recorded 8km on the trip and nothing working with the speedo.

Quoting michaeljclark: 
Was it not in the document that I sent you on the 15th April with all the codes in?

If running 185/60 R14's tyres then the input code to enter into the speedo unit should be: 024363

I'm out at a motor sport event all day, but will try and check in if we get a lunch break

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Those driveshaft sensors seem to be quite unreliable. My car uses one of these and as far as I can tell the speedo unit is the same as the Sigma engined cars, so why not use something that is a bit more reliable? *confused* Shouldn't be too much of a ball ache to wire in one of these units (if you can find one).

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
Those driveshaft sensors seem to be quite unreliable. My car uses one of these and as far as I can tell the speedo unit is the same as the Sigma engined cars, so why not use something that is a bit more reliable? *confused* Shouldn't be too much of a ball ache to wire in one of these units (if you can find one).

The 1.4 SS K Series we have has a gearbox sensor and works fine, although a little fast.

Quoting John Vine: 
Does this table help?

(Btw, it looks like 024363 *arrowup* is a KPH code rather than an MPH one.)

JV

Do these codes work the same for the driveshaft sensor speedo and the gearbox mounted sensor? it appears that they both uses the same speedo.

Quoting evotell: 
Quoting John Vine: 
Does this table help?

(Btw, it looks like 024363 *arrowup* is a KPH code rather than an MPH one.)

JV

Do these codes work the same for the driveshaft sensor speedo and the gearbox mounted sensor? it appears that they both uses the same speedo.

Edited for being a plonker 😳. Now I see it says for Drive Shaft set up, is there one for gearbox set up?

Quoting evotell: 
... is there one for gearbox set up?
I don't know, but as the code is proportional to wheel revs per mile/km, it might be possible to work it out. There's a suggested method here (at the bottom of the page). I got my code chart from CC themselves (James Gibson), so I imagine they might have the equivalent one for the gearbox-mounted sensor.

Re your original comment that 1000km showed on the trip as 8km, you could try inputting a code 024363/125 (that is, 000195) and see what happens. (That seems a bit drastic to me, though. I suspect something else is faulty.)

JV

• Leadership Team

Have you tried varying the gap between the sensor and the toothed wheel on the driveshaft.

I replaced mine recently, set the gap to 1 mm and nothing. Progressively moved it out wards and bingo, works fine now.

Quoting Garry7: 
Have you tried varying the gap between the sensor and the toothed wheel on the driveshaft.

I replaced mine recently, set the gap to 1 mm and nothing. Progressively moved it out wards and bingo, works fine now.

Will give that a try *cool*