Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PTT - where to fit it?

Edzup Ezzer

I've got an Autocom SPA/Kenwood TK3301 comms set-up in my car but I'm not a big fan of the vox funtionality and was thinking of installing an Autocom PTT button to trigger the transmit function instead. Has anybody got any useful advice on where & how before I take the plunge? The car a has Racetech removeable steering wheel fitted.

Cheers

• Leadership Team

As an aside .... I have the same SPA/Kenwood TK-3310 setup on my motorbike and have found that when travelling with a pillion I need the PTT button, but the most important feature is the included toggle switch that enables switching between off/PTT/vox. If riding solo I usually leave it in the vox position.

Slightly O/T ... has anyone managed to disable the loud bleep that occurs each time the Kenwood radio is powered up? My TK-3310 is powered from the Autocom SPA but loses/reconnects its' power each time the bike is stopped/started, using in-ear monitors makes it DEAFENING *eek*

Stu.

The location I use is: on the transmission tunnel, forward of the gear lever (i.e. under the dash), to the right of the centre line. I used adhesive-backed velcro (large-ish rectangle of the soft stuff on the transmission tunnel, much smaller piece of the scratchy hook stuff on the PTT button) to attach it. Fitted lying on its side, with the red PTT button on the right and the toggle switch on the left, it works very well.

Edited by - Q Catcher on 28 Apr 2014 22:22:32

Edited by - Q Catcher on 30 Apr 2014 16:46:28

Thanks guys for your replies. Given me some food for thought. I was actually wondering if anybody had found a way to mount the PTT switch(es) on the steering wheel - which might pose some awkward packaging issues given how close a steering wheel is to the dash in a Seven, and in my case, the removeable wheel would also be an issue. Nobody tried to do it that way?

Edited by - Ezzer Ezzer on 29 Apr 2014 10:34:58