Click here if you are having website access problems ×

All brand new bits to clear...

beaudidly

Given the price of a new one from CC and having an older car, I'll join the LADS throttle cable club. One for me please - suggest you send the cables for Paul, Jonathan and myself to one address to save you postage. Please let me know where to send funds. *thumbup*

That's interesting. They were spare cables I had for my Superlight R running PTP TBs which was definitely RHD! The trouble is that I have sold the car so I can't look.

Anyway, I have measured one and the outer length is 130cm and the inner length is 150mm. Hope this helps.

• Area Representative

The standard RHD K-Series cable is 70cm outer length, I just measured mine. The *73 one will appear to work ok if you dress the cable more toward the front of the car to make a longer loop.

I guess your TB installation needed a longer cable than the standard plenum setup.

These *73 cables will be very popular with our European buddies no doubt.

Caterham no longer seem to stock the standard cable but they are plentiful on the net e.g. here

Thanks for all your responses - I have updated what's now available in my first post.

I think we have got to the bottom of the throttle cable mystery. I have got the longer one of the two which tended to be used on RHD cars with TBs and LHD cars. This would make sense because the longer length was factory fitted to my RHD Superlight R.

Any other takers for the bits remaining - please let me know.

Cheers

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...