Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight 1.6 wanted

julians

Julain

I live in Manchester and I have a 1600cc Superlight, if you want I can take you out for a ride, but prepare to want one!

14k is a bit optimistic, to be honest not that far off the 18k basic kit... have you thought about that.

Drop me an e-mail at simon.scott@btcellnet.net if you want to have a look/ride in my 7.

Simon.

X777CAT

I saw a Superlight 1.6 at Classic Carriage on Tuesday with all the bits P/R reg. I think 16kukp

So I'm afraid it will be difficult to find one at 14

as even if it's build as home built with a few bits SVA tax etc it stands at close on 19k!

Stripped out live axle with a k series put in or a quick Ford didion may be better.

Cheapercar...same old feeling(or there abouts!)

Yes & no... http://www.se7ens.co.uk/

If a dealer has a Superlight for 16k then you should be able to get one a bit cheaper than that privately if you hang about for a bit. Early to mid winter is the cheapest time to buy.

Alternatively you could look for a 1.6K 6spd Supersport and cross-grade it to a Superlight by pulling off the bits it shouldn't have and adding the bits it should.

Mike

Anyone have any experience of selling a se7en thro Classic Carriage Co.? I have to sell mine quickly 'cos of move overseas and may have to resort to a third party. Other suggestions also welcome.

Thanks. Stevet.

PS: It's a 1700 SS. Details in For Sale under '1997 1700 Supersprint'

Steve, a friend bought and sold a secondhand 7 through Classic Carriage, hassle free and quickly too as I recall. I think though that Derek is only interested in very good condition 7s - I'm not saying yours isn't of course!

Julian - "Supersport" is just an engine upgrade. Tasty bits that the Superlight has which are (or where 3 years ago) options on a non-Superlight are:

* 6-speed box (a "must" have)

* Big front brakes with vented disks

* Limited slip diff

* Supersport engine

Superlights also have carbon dash/wings/nosecone, no windscreen or weather gear, race seats with 4-point harnesses.

Mike

My 1.8k Supersport weighs in at 580kg (incl 6 speed box), the superlights are 470kg (I think).

110kg is a heck of a lot..but where are the big gains, and which ones are CHEAP!

Wheels (4 light instead of 5 heavy) will be a fair amount

Windscreen and weather gear

Seats

Heater

Carbon

Are the vented disks lighter, what about the LSD ?

I am assuming the chassis is the same..

COPIED TO TECH TALK.

Edited by - minty on 13 Nov 2000 11:23:44

• 3 weeks later...

If you're not yet sorted, my 185bhp 6 speed 1600 cc K-series car may suit your needs.

VERY quick - eats SLR's round any track you care to name or try.

A fortune spent on maintenance with Arrowstar over the last year but then it is probably the best you'll find.

Sorry I'm based in Surrey but the car's a bargain for the price so well worth the trip!

You can call me on 0468862831 to discuss.

Best regards.

Rod