Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillett B6F XL

gundersen

The seat is sold as "Good news for the larger racing drivers.", which fits me perfectly...at least the large part, and I got the SV to prove it! *tongue*

As far as I can measure it should just fit. The SV is 44cm across at the smallest part just by the gear stick, and the seat is reported to be 44cm in the widest part.

Anyone tried it? or can recommend another (cheaper) type of tillett that will fit a large'ish person? I tried a standard Caterham tillet in an S3, but could just barely fit.

I'm only 76kg so can't advise on sizing...

I'm pretty sure others have used the B6 in an SV or CSR previously. In fact, the CSR Tillett may actually be a B1, which is 44.5cm wide, so, assuming the CSR and SV are the same dimensions, the B6 should fit nicely.

Whether you'll fit in it (given that 3cm of the width is just a rolled edge and with standard seats you get that extra width), is another matter. I'm sure there will be someone with one fitted somewhere!

As for alternatives... The lower sides of the CSR / B1 Tillett might afford a little more room if you need the full width of the cockpit. Playskool (or something like that) made a similar GRP seat, but I don't think they did a larger version. Other than that, you're on to bag seats.