Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Complete Ford ST Engine, What Can I Use?

TomCat1

POBC,

Im moving from a 160 VVC K to a Duratec, The K developed a tapping noise, replaced the tappets, which made it quieter but now i get the tapping under load over 2.5k. Few people are saying piston slap, few people are saying other bottom end issues.

So im looking at a conversion (that was always the plan), if i got a Duratec from a fiesta st with all ancillaries, what could i use and what would i need to change?

Many Thanks

Tom

I am busy finishing of my 2.0 Duratec, I used the block, crank, and water pump.

How far do you want to go? have a look at some of the kits needed to install the motor in a 7.

Throw off as much as you can, just keep the alternator at the front and change the sump.

Do some searching otherwise this could be a long post.

Chris. *wavey*

I've searched and found a lot of posts, but not all were relevant to the question that I had. Yes in the future ill be changing the cams, gettin throttle bodies etc etc, but for now it's literally a case of gettin the engine in for as cheap as possible and building from there. I know about raceline, and their kits for sumps etc, I just needed to know if I could get away with using most of the ancillaries, if they would fit.

Thank you for posting birkin

Yeah the thought has crossed my mind, I just can't help but think if I'm gonna be spending £500 - £1000, that's a good start to a duratec, I do want big (ish) power down the line, if it means the caterham being garaged for a year then that's what I will have to do, just a shame it couldn't have happened nearer October time!