Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Build day 1 - problems with front upright

UremaW

Am I right in thinking there should be a rubber boot for the bottom bolt on the upright where it meets the lower wishbone socket? There wasnt any in the box and there was no mention of it in the build manual. Just looks like there should be one, otherwise the socket will fill up with gunk?

Many thanks all. The build continues.... :)

Incidentally, the top of the spring assembly seems to foul (or at least touch) the upper wishbone rear bolt. Can't see any way i could have fitted it wrong though. Problem?

here

Quoting UremaW: 
Yep, widetrack Supersport R. All the photos in the manual show the shocks this way up. :(
Don't worry, that's just the normal way of doing it - but it shouldn't foul anything if you flip them, they're quite happy running that way round, and you save yourself a few grams of unsprung weight which will make the car 1 million times more agile and nimble 😬

P.s. Anyway of making your photos a tad smaller? *wink*

P.p.s. Are you building the car in the lounge? Looks suspiciously carpeted to me! Very nice 😶‍🌫️

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 26 Jun 2013 23:24:10

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 26 Jun 2013 23:25:23

I had similar situation but reversed on my Supersport build, mounting the shocks upside down is the correct way on the Supersport but they were just about touching the bottom suspension like this. Spoke to CC who said fit them the normal way as thats how Car will have to go for iva anyway and then they will switch them after the Iva but once the car is on it wheels there will be clearance. I dont have a problem with them being close to the mounting bolt this way up though. Are the top and bottom suspension arms pretty much parrallel?

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 

P.s. Anyway of making your photos a tad smaller? *wink*

P.p.s. Are you building the car in the lounge? Looks suspiciously carpeted to me! Very nice 😶‍🌫️

Hahaha - didnt realise they were uploaded full size. Worked out how to shrink them down now. :)

As for the lovely carpet, I regretfully have to announce that the once pristine shagpile is now covered in precisely 1.3 litres of gearbox oil. Guess who forgot to seal the end of the gearbox... Oops.