Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How was the french hillclimb chris

robmar

Bonjour.... 😬

Appologies (?) for the silence, but work and travel has been getting in the way of play.

As Michael says, I'm going to do a write up with some piccies for LF. I've also got some video which I'll post a link to when finished.

Saint Goueno...wow. The single stat that summed it all up for me was there were 33 marshalls posts along the course, which gives some indication of how many blind bends and curves there were.

The course was very complex and fast. Think of 'Hollow' at Gurston, but with no run off whatsoever, steep banking and trees on one side, armco and trees on the other, repeated over and over for over 2 miles and you get the basic idea.

The challenge was learning the course and having the gonads to drive it fast. Even on my last run, it was frustrating to be at an apex and realise you could go a lot faster.

The organisation was amazing, with the event attracting thousands of spectators. Each evening there was a fete/meal with live bands playing. Great group of competitors. very friendly.

The selection of cars taking part was jaw-dropping. With everything from prototypes , though single seaters, to DTM-style BMW saloons

Gotta do some work now, but will post some more info shortly.