Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sigma 140 cc upgrade

sparky

Hi Sparky,

Have you thought about a bit more performance from your Sigma engine than 140?. Why not contact Premier Power, they offer conversions from 155bhp up to 200bhp. I own a 150 sigma and have driven both the 155 and 200 bhp Premier Power models and they are a big improvement over the standard engines. They also produce a very nice 175bhp upgrade. They even carry out the full conversion for you to ensure everything is set up correctly and you get exactly what you’re expecting.

In fact Low Flying have just been on a track day with Premier Power to review the F200 Sigma in Premier Powers own Sigma powered Caterham, so this should be appearing in an addition of Low Flying very soon.

Check out their website;

here - Premier Power

Cheers

Kevin

Edited by - K T Scott on 22 Apr 2013 19:03:48

I took my car up to HWR and picked it up with all the work done - HWR prefer to use an OMEX ECU, so changes to the wiring loom. They would have just done the work on the engine so that I could have kept my MBE ECU, but I did not want the hassle of sorting that out separately! As far as I know HWR only do the 200 conversion, but it is fantastic for around the £7k mark without any extras (mechanical gauges etc. I had done too!).

I don’t know anyone personally that’s had a Premier Power upgrade but there was a car at Rockingham last year on a track day with one of their engines fitted. The car looked very quick and was getting a lot of attention from owners of Duratec powered Caterhams between sessions. The guy who owned it said he had had all the options fitted including launch control and traction control and said it had transformed his car. I loved the lovely carbon fibre air box on it that ducted cold air in from a scoop on the nose. It all looked a very professional and complete installation.

as far as I now they are the same cams used in the 150bhp has I had the 140 bhp fitted when new and when I had the engine changed to 150bhp all I payed for was the jenvey but to have the engine to give more power, the bottom has to be made stronger and that costs malcolm