Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help with immobiliser keyfob

petereliot

Having just replaced the battery in my spare immobiliser remote, it unfortunately still does not work. I am assuming that it needs to be reprogrammed after a period without power. Can anybody help tell me how to do this? The immobilser fob is black, about 4 cm long, 1 cm wide, has a button at the top end which is about 1cm across and a red LED that lights up when the button is pressed. I have a picture of it but don't think I can attach it to this post?

Would be very grateful if anybody can help!

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately still no joy though after following the instructions for the single button key fob (which is the closest match to mine but still not the same). I guess that means that either mine is more customised with a different resetting procedure, or just does not work anymore. Either way, I guess I will need to employ the services of an expert to replace / reprogramme it.....

Thanks anyway.

Just looked at your pic of key fob.

Its not genuine rover thats for sure.

It looks like an early META. Try Srerling and Laser line also.

from experience of aftermarket installations they generally dont require a recode after power loss. Its normally when Adding a new remote you need to sync them..

Have you tried Ignition on and press and hold key for approx 10secs.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry - I didn't post the rather complicated answer partly because if widely known then it rather renders pointless the whole purpose of having an immobiliser! I think I can now programme my fob to be compatible with anybody else's autowatch immobiliser without needing them to deactivate it or do anything else to it first. However if the general consensus is that I should post the answer then I am happy to do so?