Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wider Rear Wings - suppliers ?

ECR

Not that I know of Roger, but if it's any help, the Redline ones are a bit rough. They're intended for race use, and if you are after a nice finish, you'll really need to do a bit of filling & painting to true it all up.

They're based on a mould of standard arches that've had 2" (If I recall) set into them, and you can see this.

I'd suggest you give it a go yourself, either widen your existing pair by setting a piece in, or make a widening piece to go between the wing & the body (A local car has this, and I think Mike Biddle maybe does too). Alloy channel bent to the correct radius should do the trick.

Tried Kit Car Bitz (Ebay)

Standard width normaly ....

But they tell me that they also do 14" wide wings in self colour. I think 14" is a little too wide for me, and I want them in black gell coat ....

Edited by - ECR on 6 Apr 2013 11:51:45

Thank's Rob, I'll give him a try .....

MOG do the following in carbon and grp

"Standard Caterham + 25 mm, the top horizontal area is a bit going down..., Left wing with exhaust cut

Standard Caterham + 40 mm, no exhaust cuts

Standard Caterham + 55 mm, Left wing with exhaust cut"

Edited by - ECR on 6 Apr 2013 13:11:54

Roger, I am just taking a set of black gel coat rear wings which are 2" wider than standard, off my car, which will be up for sale at some time. There is an exhaust cutout on the n/s. I haven't really considered a price yet, but with the s/s stoneguards on them, but not with lights. maybe £75? They are of seconds quality, and have a few cracks in the gel, but are more than presentable. If they are of interest do BM me.

Paul

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 7 Apr 2013 12:36:18