Click here if you are having website access problems ×

relative pedal height

k.russell

How do you like to position your pedals relative to each other, are brake and clutch at the same level etc , do you like the throttle level as well, my pedals are in the rearmost setting and i am trying to get a better set up. just interested in others preferences. understand everyone is going to like differing set ups.

Agree with SM25T, especially if you use a heel and toe technique. The only other thing I would add it that I have bent the throttle pedal slightly to the left (closer to the brake) to assist the heel and toe action. This largely depends on the size of your feet!

Terry

As per M25T but with a bit of extra spacing between the brake & clutch pedal using washers on the swivel bolt. I just felt my feet were a bit close together at times.

Also instead of bending the throttle pedal to aid heel & toe I riveted an extra piece to the pedal.

• 3 months later...

I have the clutch and brake pedals in the pivots nearest to me. I'm happy with the positions. The throttle pedal is about 5cm too far away from where I'd like it. I can't bend the cable end any more relative to the pedal end because it will obscure the pivot bolt.

So I think I'd like a pad bolted to the ring of the current pedal to bring my foot up, as Gary describes. Preferably adjustable for spacing off the ring.

Does anyone know of an off-the shelf thing that will do that? Or is there a better solution?

Thanks

Jonathan