Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough from the air!

Dr Slotter

Nice video, with the proliferation of camera equipped drones I guess it's just a matter of time until someone brings one to a sprint, I wonder what the MSA rules would be for that? personally it would I think it would be quite nice to have a video from above of a sprint around Curborough.

I have been thinking about that also - I'd love to see a run of mine from the air but I don't see the MSA going for it.

It could be worth asking though *thumbup*

Where is my support team?

I can already see the positives to the MSA with all the promotion we could use the footage for *wink* I wonder what the fee for the days hire and production of a video if the day would cost per competitor 🤔

I guess if the drone is high enough it doesn't actually have to be over the course itself it could be in the public spectator area (eek potentially even worse actually!), it would be interesting to get an opinion from the MSA.

Clearly technology is there, it'll require some practice to get the kind of shots they have in that video though.

I suspect with some of the GPS guided systems now it wouldn't be to hard to have one also fully automated that just went up and hovered above the course at a fixed position then returned back to a designated landing site when it's low on battery.

Edited by - rgrigsby on 4 Mar 2013 10:47:18