Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which Multi-meter....?

glasgow

Probably overkill for what you want but I have one of these for sale, brand new, came as part of a package and I dont need it, bargain price if you want something like this and you can also use the charger/battery with other Milwaukee tools

here

£45 without battery or charger or £85 with 1 li-ion battery and charger

Edited by - TBKBABABTIM on 15 Feb 2013 18:47:11

Errmmm, this thread is getting too technical for me.... *confused* I bough this one and appears to be a good basic one:

- Data Hold function,

- Auto off

- Low battery indicator

- Mechanical blocking system for terminal socket to prevent mistake operation (helpful for electercity nympty like me)

- Carry case

- Support frame can rotate and hang

- Separate socket mAmp

- Continuity buzzer

- Thermometer,

- Backlit LCD and function switch indicator lamp

- Looks and feel a well built unit *thumbup*

Top tip : don't leave it on the milliamps range and then try to check the voltage of something (the mains, in my case). Tends to cause interesting visual and audio effects with a cessation of normal functionality. Fortunately since I did this with a meter that only cost 3 quid to start with, buying a new one wasn't a big hardship. I would trust £200 Flukes are protected against this sort of thing, but probably not a good idea anyway.

I used to work in HP's electronic test equipment calibration and repair centre in the 90's. At the time I had a Maplins branded DVM (bought several years earlier when I was at school) which I compared against the Datron calibrator used for calibrating the decent HP rack mounted meters (6 1/2 digits.) I was impressed that it matched the accuracy and repeatability of the handheld Fluke meters which cost a fair bit more than the ~£35 I paid in 1986ish.

I used to check it on an annual basis and it didn't change. It was a great little meter, up until the point when I ran over it on my driveway and squished the rotary selector switch. *rolleyes*