Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Acousta-Fil Exhaust Packing Bulk Buy

SV Gary

The Village Idiot

The bulk buy is for 0.6m width material - i.e. single width production run. So if your exhaust is 650mm long, you will need a 3m x 0.6m + 3m x 50mm to fully fill the exhaust - I can do this for you if you wish.

Jack

The perforated tube is often the same dia as the exit pipe so I would use this dia on the Thermal velocity Website to work out how much you need - you will need to order 2 lengths of 600mm wide material and cut one down to get the 950 wide.

All orders in by end of weekend please.

Cheers

Gary

Jack

If your esxhaust is 0.95m lg x 0.1m O/D with a 50mm inner tube then you need a piece of Accousta-fil 0.71m x 0.95m - according to the Therma Velocity website. But as this bulk buy is only for 0.6m wide you will need to order 2 lenghts of 0.6m wide x 0.71m lg i.e. a piece of 0.6m wide x 1.42m lg - I suggest you order a piece 0.6m wide x 1.5m lg and then cut it in half and then cut one half down to 0.35m wide to give you the 0.95 width you are looking for.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I'd be interested to see how your re-packing went. The previous posts that Gary link to explain issues with overpacking and the calculator being a bit duff. Did you all use the material length you received? Was it a tight fit? Did you use the cling film wrap insertion method? Essentially how did it go, and what are your sound readings like after the job?

Looks like I'm late to the party so may have to pay full whack. Would be good to know how good it is first!

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the bulk buy by a few weeks, but I have done a little research, and spoke to the place you got your bulk buy from. I can't get it there, becuase there is a large minimum order value. They pointed me in the direction of a place that sells this by the metre, for future reference:

Acousta-fil by the metre

However, if any of you guys DIDN'T use all of your 3 metres, I am interested in 600mm wide offcuts to get up to 2 metres in length, ideally 2 x 1m cuts.

BM me if you have any!!

• 3 months later...

Just some feedback from a trackday at Donington last week.

The last time I was on this track (last year), my r400 was black flagged for being too noisy and I ended up have to lift as I passed the noise meters. My car had a 7" Powerspeed exhaust filled with e-glass and a Bernard Scouse carbon air box.

Last week I was running the same R400 complete with the BS air box and 7" Powerpseed exhaust but this time filled with Acousta-Fil - no black flags at full revs as I passed the noise meters.

A mate of mine who was in an R400 with a BS airbox and Raceco exhaust (no acousta-fil) was black flagged and hence had to lift as he passed the noise meters.