Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raceco 210 Duratec engine for sale

AMMO

The plan was to fit this engine to my own car but I have decided to de-tune the engine I have currently got installed instead.

The donor engine is based on a used low mileage unit and includes many new parts: Rods, pistons, rings, shells, ARP rod bolts, oil pump, steel flywheel, clutch etc. It has a crack tested and keyed crank, a dynamically balanced crank assembly, etc.

It also has a mechanical chain tensioner, head work for 210 bhp, Raceline sump, DTEC 10 cams, single springs with steel top collars, etc. I'm basically using just the block, crank and head. Pretty much everything else is new.

I have built dozens of these Raceco 210 engines for Caterhams, Westfields and Elises. My 210 spec engines usually make a little more bhp on the dyno. Graph of a fresh engine from Emerald's rolling road is here

After running in another 5 or 6 bhp is normal. Ben Willis' engine, one of the first I built (and long before Caterham started fitting Duratecs), made 226 bhp after a year of use when it was re-tested on a dyno day at Emerald. 210 bhp is on the conservative side. I prefer to give a low figure. Anything over 210 is a bonus. It is similar to a factory fitted R400 engine but with a few more things done to it.

I stopped building engines professionally almost 2 years ago. At today's prices I should be selling my engine for something in the region of £5,500. I'm asking £4,500.00.

Any questions please ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Someone said they would buy this engine from me at the end of February. That's not happened so back to the top.

I have a feeling the guy's wife put her foot down and told him he wasn't allowed! Is there anyone out there that is unmarried or doesn't have to ask for permission who would like this engine?

If you say so Mav. I believe you! It's the funds not the wife. *biggrin*

Price now reduced to £4,250.00. If injectors and coils not required I'll accept £4,000.00.

Can send photos to anyone that is interested.

Thanks for the positive comment ruff seven *thumbup*

I've had a few emails and there seems to be some confusion as to what is included. To help clarify photo here

If it isn't in the photo it isn't included. So no starter motor, alternator, ECU, loom, throttle bodies, bellhousing, exhaust, engine mounts, etc. You will need to purchase all these things separately if you are converting a K or a Crossflow.

Thanks for looking.

• 1 month later...

Still for sale.

Toying with the idea of fitting the 210 Duratec engine to my car and selling the 260 bhp one that is currently fitted to it.

If anyone is interested in either of these engines please feel free to call 01394 383499 / 07860 494064.

• 4 weeks later...